Where did we start?
This school had a google site which worked really well for teacher pages. The site didn’t have many pictures, so it didn’t look very interesting to prospective families. It had a good amount of information that families needed to know, but they couldn’t find it and would call the office instead.
A survey of parents indicated that communication about school activities an announcements need to improve. The school was printing a newsletter for parents, but it wasn’t effective and it was costly. A lot of the parents carry smartphones and own tablets, so a site needed to work on those devices.
What did we do for LaSalle II?
Pictures of 60 Smiling Staff Members
- We took headshot pictures of the staff and made a staff page that links out to the teacher pages.
A Website that Keeps the School Community Up to Date
- We implemented a new site and refined the flow so that it was easy to navigate.
- The site is integrated with an existing Google site so that teachers can maintain their own class pages.
- It has a Google Calendar, Google Translate, and Google Custom Search integrated.
- Key staff were trained in how to publish to the site.
- Wording of menus, titles, and page content was reworked to make it easier for someone new to the school to understand.
- The school had some pictures, and we used those to make the site more interesting. We created a slide show that tells a quick story about the school that prospective parents or potential sponsors can use to get a quick overview of the school.
An Email Newsletter That Ties it All Together
- The paper newsletter was replaced with an electronic version. We set up the newsletter format, and help assemble content for a 2x per month mailing to parents. Articles lead back to the website for detailed information.
- The newsletter has increased engagement parent satisfaction with communication. It is also reducing printing costs.
Visit LaSalle II’s Site