Where did we start?
Las Palmas Restaurant had a site that was built in Squarespace. Not only was the content out of date, because it was hard to maintain, but it also was really hard to read on a smartphones and tablets. The website wasn’t “responsive” and it didn’t adapt to the screen a customer is viewing it on. They wanted to update their site to answer the big questions that customers have when they visit: Do I want to eat here? And can I get a table?
A professional photographer had taken pictures, but they were hard to see on the site and that content was dated. The restaurant was trying to take updated photos with an iPad, but those pictures didn’t look very appealing.
The restaurant had a few social media accounts. It has a Facebook page with about 200 followers, and customers were leaving Yelp reviews. Both were not as active as they could be.
How did we help Las Palmas?
Photography that Makes the Food Look Good
- Images of food people could enjoy at the restaurant are important, so we photographed menu items quarterly.
- Our photographs are used in the menu, blog, and social media.
A Modern Website that Shows Off the Menu
- We implemented a new website that shows customers the restaurant’s current menu. It is a lot more visually appealing. Also the menu items are easy to add and change as seasonal changes happen.
- The website is set up to let customers easily reserve a table from open table, buy gift certificates, and check reviews.
- All of this interaction can happen on phones, tablets, or a personal computer. Over the year we helped Rick to publish information about what’s new at the restaurant.
Content Marketing and Social Media
- We created and executed a content calendar for the restaurant.
- Las Palmas engages customers through a blog, Yelp, Facebook, and Twitter. We helped to keep these conversations active and productive by writing and editing articles as well as suggesting productive ways to respond to reviews. We also executed targeted Facebook advertising campaigns. Page likes increased organically by 3x.